On behalf of the Section, Warm Greetings for a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
This communication is to inform the slate for the Executive Committee for the year 2016 and also call for the Annual General Body Meeting of the Section at which the Executive Committee and the Office Bearers for the year 2016 will be elected.
Annual General Body Meeting
The AGM is scheduled to be held on Sunday, 7th February 2016 at J N Tata Auditorium, IISc, Bangalore, https://goo.gl/maps/mDDWLS3t5TP2, at 10:00 AM.
IEEE Bangalore Section conducts major technical events like conferences, symposium, tutorials and workshops conducted on cutting edge technologies covering wide spectrum of fields. The AGM meet is the chance to meet your peers and seniors, interact with them, enrich your professional lives and promote your career interests. Enhance your understanding of the Section, its activities, and how it is run. Meet the members who are going to be the office bearers for the year 2016. Offer your valuable suggestions – and your services too – so that the Section is better aware of your needs and can serve to the aspirations of the current membership. Members are encouraged to bring their spouse for this AGM and the lunch that follows it. Kindly make a note of the date in your planner and we look forward to your attending and active participation at the AGM.
Since arrangements are to be made for lunch and memento you are requested to communicate your participation (with/without spouse). This will help us to arrange the event in a much better way. Your cooperation in this regard is highly solicited.
We request you to take a few minutes and register at the following link: http://ieeeblragm2016.doattend.com/
Technical Event: Post Lunch IEEE Ideas Contest & Quiz is planned. You are invited to attend the same.
ELECTIONS TO THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE FOR 2016
The Slate Nominations Committee Chaired by Mr. Hitesh Mehta with Prof. Kasi Rajgopal and Dr. Sarath Chandra as members have proposed the slate for the Executive committee (EXECOM) of the IEEE Bangalore Section for the year 2016 as mentioned here:
- Prof. K V S Hari , Fellow, Professor & Chair, ECE Dept. IISc, Chairman
- Sudeendra Kaushik, Senior Member, VP Innovation-TTK Prestige , Vice Chairman
- Prof. D. Das, Senior Member, Dean R&D and Academics, IITB, Vice Chairman
- Puneet Kumar Mishra , Member, Scientist-SF, ISRO, Treasurer
- Dr R V Siva Reddy, Senior Member, Professor, REVA University, Secretary
- Mr B N Pal, Senior Member, Founder CEO- Srishti ESDM
- Dr T Srinivas, Senior Member, Associate Professor, IISc
- Dr Y V S Laxmi, Senior Member, CDoT
- Dr Deepa Shenoy, Senior Member, Professor- UVCE
- Ms SadhanaAttavar, Senior Member, VITM
- Keshav Bapat, Senior Member, GM-Keysight Technologies
- Koteswara Rao, Senior Member,
- Darshan Shivkumar, Member, InnoHabit Technology
- Vishwas Jois, Member, Exilant
- Nipun Manral, Member, TCS
- Mallikarjuna C, Member, InnoHabit Technology
- Bindu Madhav, Senior Member, CDAC
Two immediate Past Chairs:
- Ravikiran A, Senior Member, CEO-InnoHabit Technology
- Hitesh Mehta, Senior Member, MD- Eagle Photonics
As per Bye-laws of the Section nominations of Office Bearers by petition are also welcome. Any such nominations should be duly signed by at least 15 active members and received by me on or before 29th January 2016. Elections will be conducted by due process as during the AGM.
Annual General Body Meeting
The AGM of the Section for the year 2015 will be held on Sunday, 7th February 2016 at J N Tata Auditorium, IISc, Bangalore, https://goo.gl/maps/mDDWLS3t5TP2, commencing at 10:00 AM
- Approval of the Minutes of Previous AGM
- Presentation of the 2015 Activities Report
- Presentation of the 2015 Financial Report
- Reports of Society Chapters and Affinity groups
- Report on Student branches
- Awards Presentation
- Slate Presentation
- Election to Executive Committee for 2016
- Felicitation of Immediate Past Chair
- Presentation of the new EXECOM
- Address by Chairman
- Any other items
- Vote of Thanks
If you wish to have any item included in the agenda the same may be communicated to me on or before 29th January, 2016.
The AGM will be followed by Lunch & Technical Program. You are cordially invited to bring your spouse to the AGM, Lunch, IEEE Ideas Contest and the Quiz.
Please make it convenient to attend the AGM. Request you to please confirm your attendance by registering atthe following link:
Best Wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!
Puneet Kumar Mishra
Secretary, IEEE Bangalore Section