I would like to share with you the highlights of the past weeks of IEEE Bangalore.
1. It was a very eventful period and the past few weeks at IEEE Bangalore has already seen its share of high energy in the teams. The passion and energy at the first execom meeting was evident from the near full house attendance.
The CONECCT team is firing in all cylinders as the event appears at the horizon on March 16-17 at Hyatt, Bangalore (Old moves pick near BEL circle).
2. There was a very interesting Hackathon organised by the Government of Karnataka on block chain technology. IEEE supported this as architecture and technology partner and the event was a major success, which was held on Jan 19-21 at Lalit Ashok Bangalore. IEEE provided Mentors and Jury for this competitive Hackathon. Thanks to Mr Dileep and Mr Yatheendranath for anchoring this. Later, on February 16 a follow up event was held by GoK on blockchain. This conclave was well attended and several IEEE members and senior members also participated in this invite only event with international speakers. A vibrant Japan Habba was hosted at IISc which was very well attended. I also had the chance to attend several chapter AGMs and international conferences during the past weeks.
3. Mangalore sub-section had their AGM. The NK hub I already busy with its annual activities. The IEEE India Council meeting was hosted by Gujrat section in Rajkot.
4. Several members are sharing their experiences of being IEEE members, through blogs on the section website. Thanks to Dr CP Ravikumar for the first one.
5. The team at MSRIT under Dr Sriram has bagged a wonderful opportunity from IEEE with a huge grant, congratulations to them.
6. The execom members have started putting forth their ideas to take the section forward. A full fledged calendar of events is being built to put all the major events together in one place, which will be made available through the section website. Till then here is what is coming up.
7. Branch counsellors meet (Feb 25, at Central college), CONECCT on March 16-17 at Hyatt, Chapter Chairs meeting and Women in Engineering meeting Parichaya, both on Feb 25th, alongside the branch counsellors meet. Several events around industry is also planned including membership drives and women’s day celebrations.
8. An important under TEMS is being planned for April. Bangalore section will also host the India Council Student Leaders congress in 2018.
9. would like to thank UVCE, through Dr Deepa Shenoy for hosting our Execom meetings at UVCE.
I encourage every one to follow IEEE Bangalore on LInkedIn and Facebook. And also visit our website, thanks to Suraj the website is getting back on its feet.
Chair IEEE Bangalore